Dipl.-Geol. Milica Bozovic
Mar 2007 – present: PhD candidate at the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
- Theme: ‘Genesis and emplacement of the Balkan ophiolites (Serbia and Macedonia) – a detail petrological and geochemical study (cumulative thesis; planned to be submitted February, 2012.)’
- Part 1: The Demir Kapija ophiolite (Macedonia-FYROM): a snapshot of subduction initiation within a back-arc (in preparation for Journal of Petrology). The whole rock major, trace elements and Sr, Nd, Pb isotope study of the volcanic rocks. The major and in-situ trace elements study of clinopyroxenes. Ar-Ar age determination. Geochemical modelling. Geodynamic reconstruction.
- Part 2: Evaluation of the effects of alteration on Rb-Sr, Sm-Nd, U-Th-Pb systematics in volcanic rocks from ophiolites (in preparation for Chemical Geology). The mobility of elements during alteration and their impact on Sr, Nd and Pb isotopic studies. Leaching experiments.
- Part 3: A review on the genesis of the Balkan ophiolites (Serbia, Macedonia) in preparation for Lithos). The whole rock major, trace elements and isotope study. How does the chemical composition of these rocks fit to already published models for their formation?
Oct 2006 – Mar 2007;
Jan 2005 – Aug 2005: Guest Scientist at the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
- A petrological and geochemical study on the ultrapotassic rocks and oceanic crust material. Preparation for Ar-Ar and U-Pb age determination. Geotectonic reconstruction of the investigated area. Collaboration with University of Štip (Macedonia), University of Belgrade (Serbia) and Geological survey of Republic of Srpska (BIH).
Oct 2004 – Oct 2005: Student Assistant at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade
- Practical course in mineralogy and petrology/petrography. Organizing preparation for the course and the final exam in Geology.
Oct 1999 – Jul 2006: Student Assistant at the Petnica Science Center, Valjevo (Serbia)
- Assisting university Professors in teaching geology basics to talented high-school children. Supervising children in writing their final reports. Teaching basics in the petrography, petrology and field work.
Oct 1999 – Jul 2006: Master Degree in petrology and geochemistry at Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade (GPA 8.5/10)
- Diploma Thesis: ‘Geochemical characteristics of Neogene Jezevo Brdo lamproites (FYRO Macedonia)’ (10/10)
- Principal subjects: Petrology of Metamorphic, Igneous and Sedimentary rocks, Geochemistry, Applied Geochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Global tectonics, Ore genesis and exploration, Applied petrology.
- Sample preparation for whole rock and trace element analysis (XRF)
- Sample preparation for LA-ICP-MS trace element analysis on iridium strip heater
- Whole rock trace element analysis of glass bead as well as in-situ trace element mineral analysis on LA-ICP-MS
- In-situ U-Pb dating on zircons using LA-ICP(MC)-MS
- Microprobe whole rock mineral analysis
- Chromatography for pre-concentration of Sr, Nd, and Pb for isotope analysis
- TIMS Sr, Nd, Pb isotope analysis
- Serbian – Mother tongue
- English – Excellent
- German, Russian – Intermediate (European B1 level)
- Spanish – beginner’s level