Klemens Link (Dipl.-Geol.)
- overlap of petrology, geochemistry and structural geology
- continental lithospheric processes
- alkaline magmatic processes
- continent destruction and alteration
- trace element and isotope in- situ- analyses
- Zircon U/Pb- geochronology
- Modelling seismic properties of melt influenced lithospheric mantle
- Geology of central and eastern Africa
- Variscan geology
Check out: www.riftlink.de
Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Earth System Science Research Centre
Research scientist, member of interdisciplinary Riftlink- research group
University of Tübingen/ University of Giessen
Student research assistant
Gutenberg- Universität Mainz
Ph.D. in natural science in progress
Justus-Liebig- Universität B.Sc. Geology (Vordiplom)
M.Sc. Geology (Diplom)
Thesis: “metamorphic evolution of the pelitic shists in the Montagne Noire/ France”
Second major- physical geography
- Undergraduate beginners:
- Lecture and practical course on constructing and interpreting geological maps.
- Odenwald excursion on igneous rocks in the context of the variscan regional geology
Undergraduate advanced/ graduate:
- Field course on metamorphic rocks in Val Piora (Tessin/ Switzerland).
- Co supervision of master- thesis (equivalent to Diplom) on magmatic rocks from Uganda.
Graduate and expert:
- Excursion on rift related volcanics and prerift Archaean basement rocks in western Uganda.