Jingliang Guo, M.Sc. Geochemistry
10/2010 - present: Joint-training studying in University of Mainz. Supervisor: Stephen FOLEY.
From 09/2008: Studying in China University of Geosciences for PhD. Major in Geochemistry (GPA: 88.4).
- Supervisor: GAO Shan (Geological Processes and Mineral Resources State Key Laboratory, China University of Geosciences)
09/2004 - 06/2008: Studied in China University of Geosciences for Bachelor of Science. Major in Geology.
- Methodology of LA-(MC)-ICP-MS U-Pb dating of accessory minerals including titanite, zircon and rutile.
- Composition and properties of thicken continental crust of the Xu-Huai Region in SE North China Craton and its implication for the formation of TTG/high-Mg adakitkc rocks, furthermore, the evolution and destruction of cratons.
INTERNSHIP & RESEARCH EXPERIENCES
09/2008 - present: Research assistant of LA-ICP-MS Group in Geological Processes and Mineral Resources State Key Laboratory, China University of Geosciences.
- Responsibility: Each Friday, operating and maintaining the laser ablation (GeoLas 2005) inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (Agilent 7500a), teaching the visiting scholars how to use this (LA-) ICP-MS, processing the measured raw data of isotopic intensities.
12/2009: Trace element concentrations analysis of whole rocks by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS)
- Responsibility: Whole rock samples were crushed in a corundum jaw crusher (to 60 mesh). About 60 g was powdered in an agate ring mill to less than 200 mesh. The samples were then digested by HF + HNO3 in Teflon bombs and analyzed with an Agilent 7500a ICP-MS
11/2009: Sample collection for titanite-bearing diorites in Daye district, Hubei Province, China
- Responsibility: Selected rock samples that contain abundant titanites and made description for them in the field
02/2009: Laser Raman spectrometry analysis of mineral inclusions
- Responsibility: Operated the laser Raman spectrometry to identify the inclusions in amphibole and titanites and made further calculation to estimated their formation pressure
10/2007 - 12/2007: Laser ablation (LA) inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) analysis of titanites
- Responsibility: Analyzed the U-Pb isotopes and trace element concentrations of accessory minerals in situ and developed the LA-ICP-MS U-Pb dating method for titanites in our laboratory with the help of C. D. Storey from Bristol University, England
04/2007 - 05/2007: Professional Field Training, in Huangshi, Hubei Province, China
- Responsibility: Made a special research on the outcrop of sediment in the shoreface environment
04/2007, 04/2008: Electron Microprobe analysis and Backscattering imaging of minerals
- Responsibility: Carried out major element analysis on minerals including garnet, amphibole, rutile and titanite, and took Backscattering images to reveal possible zonations of these minerals
07/2006 - 08/2006: Geological field training, in Zhoukoudian, Beijing, China
- Responsibilities: (1) Studied the geological map of different areas, got acquainted with each outside geologic phenomenon; (2) Learned to draw section plan of actual measurement, comprehensive histogram and geologic map of different areas, wrote the internship report