- Group modelled the formation of the Zagros mountains. press coverage.
- Marcel Thielmann received an Outstanding Student Poster award for his work on subduction initiation at the 2011 EGU assembly.
- Boris received the Arne Richter Young Scientist Award at the 2011 EGU assembly.
- Boris received an ERC Starting Grant.
Our latest 4 publications:
- Given the correct parameters, shear heating results in lithospheric-scale shear zones. But does this result in a subduction zone? Read more...
- Fold and thrust-belts have a large variety of deformation styles. We show that this might be caused by thin weak layers. Read more...
- On Earth, all lithospheric plates move westwards (relative to the lower mantle). But why?
- Under which conditions can we use 'sticky-air' to model a free surface?
Prof. Dr. Boris Kaus
Leiter AG Geophysik
Institut für Geowissenschaften
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz